Our premises are certified green offices by WWF – Pakistan. We have achieved this through a commitment to reduction in paper and energy consumption along with water conservation.
Our Current recycling proportion is 70% and with the help of our waste segregation system is expected to improve at a rate of 10% yearly.
Commisioning of LEED Platinum factory will allow us to reduce carbon footprint to half by May’18, in contrast, to increase in production by 25%.
Green Purchase Policy
The implementation of green purchase policy has been achieved since August’16.
Waste Management System
We have implemented color bin waste segregation system and and reduced our waste generation by 35% before December’ 17.
Energy Management System
We have reduced our energy consumption by 12% as of December ’17, in contrast to increased production by 25%.
Healthier and safer for our people
- Fully air-conditioned environment, designed at 24°C with continuous fresh-air induction
- Subsidized meals upholding food safety standards at in-house canteen for complete staff of 6000+ employees
- Fully automated fire and smoke detection and control system, including complete sprinklering, smoke detection and voice evacuation system
- Complete CCTV system managed through a central Building Management System for employee safety
- Roof gardens and basement courtyards for peace of mind and fresh environment
Today, 1.4 billion people lack access to safe drinking water but by 2025 it is estimated that two-thirds of the world’s population will face moderate or severe water shortages. Source: United Nations report
620 LITERS / MINUTE
14.75 LITERS / METER
60 LITERS / MINUTE
1.5 LITERS / METER
SUSTAINABILITY IN LAUNDRY
Complete sustainable production with the help of following infrastructure.
- . VAV laser machines
- . Ozone machines
- . E-Flow Machine
- . Environmental Impact Measuring Software
- . Green Screen Chemicals
As part of our philosophy of continuous improvement, Soorty re-imagined the use of Monfort’s Eco-applicator by engineering it to integrate in the fabric finishing process. The result of this innovation is shown above.
We at Soorty, always endeavor for sustainable growth and plan our efforts subsequently. Following our vision, we have strived for sustainable augmentation of HIGG Score and have planned to raise our combined score (Social & Environment) up to 75% by 2020. We aim to achieve this milestone through refining our focus towards Energy Conservation, Water Management, Waste Management, Chemical Management, Worker Involvement, Worker Treatment, Transparency and Value Chain Performance.